Current positions are listed below. Applications can be download at the bottom of this page.
Please fill out the Boys & Girls Club Application in its entirety. Mail or email completed applications, along with a resume and cover letter if requested, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:Boys & Girls Club of Wooster PMB BOX 149 3450 Burbank Road Wooster, OH 44691 _______
Please submit a cover letter and resume in addition to the general application for this position.
TITLE: Program Coordinator - Teens
REPORTS TO: Teen Site Director
Hours: 25 to 30 hours per week
PRIMARY for overseeing the delivery of after school programs at Wooster High School, to include homework support, enrichment programs, recreation time, and general oversight of students.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth For Success
- With the help of the Site Director, design, plan, assist, or run programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success
- Create a club environment that facilitates the achievement of youth
Health And Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment
Program Development And Implementation
- Help evaluate programs, services and activities
- Attend staff meetings and provide feedback for program
- Ensure a productive work environment for students
- Supervise and provide homework help for students attending Club
- Supervise recreation/program time during Club
- Work collaboratively with other volunteers and part time staff
- Help with computer supervision
1. May oversee special programs/events (Back to School, Award Programs, etc.)
2. May be required to drive Club van periodically
3. May be asked to assist with social media upkeep
4. May be asked to assist with summer programming
5. Duties as assigned by Site Director, Director of Operations and/or Executive Director
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Site Director to receive/provide information, discuss issues, and explain or interpret guidelines/instructions.
Successful teaching/tutoring experience
Ability to positively relate to middle school and high school students
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
An understanding of group dynamics
Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.-----
Please follow the directions on the general application for consideration of this position.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: 20 hours/week
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Executive Director this position provides professional management of Club financials and support services. This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director, Board President and additional full time staff in a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: administrative management; organizational management. Demonstrates excellent customer relations skills and knowledge of office systems, procedures, and computer programs. Abides by and supports the Club mission, to inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as caring, productive and responsible citizens.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Database & Tracking Systems
- Utilize Quickbooks software to track club financials and run reports;
- Write checks and process mail as indicated in BGCW financial policy/procedures;
- Assist with 990 and audit, work closely with outside auditors in implementing any recommended controls or procedures intended to improve Club financial recordkeeping.
- Establishes procedures and systems for office efficiency and sustainable practices;
- Independently composes correspondence, proofreads and edits documents on a wide variety of subjects;
- Resolves problems and creates innovative solutions;
- Assists with grant compliance for local, state and federal grants as needed
- Performs regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
- Maintains master schedule of club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
- Works with Executive Director to manage donor data base and Annual Fund gift tracking;
- Assist in tracking, coordination, and delivery of all special events;
- Assist with additional fundraisers as assigned;
- Others as necessary.
- Abide by all Boys & Girls Club of Wooster Policies & Procedures;
- Attends local training’s and workshops in the field;
- Attends staff meetings and other Club sponsored events;
- Abides by Federal and State Laws;
- Must provide quality customer service by meeting and greeting the public, parents, members and outside groups who enter the facility. Be prepared to provide guided tours and answer questions;
- May require work on evenings and weekend;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Internal – Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External – Maintains contact with Board Members, vendors, consultants, auditors and service providers to maintain effective accounting operations, manage costs, share information and resolve problems. Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
2-year college degree or acceptable substitute experience;
Pass background check;
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail;
Excellent communication and customer service skills;
Ability to Multi-task;
Excellent writing skills;
Excellent computer skills: experience with Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Power Point and database software;
General knowledge of computer programs and workstation management;
Must work well with a variety of people;
Must be willing to be an active member of a dynamic, high-energy, high-performance team.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Require the mobility to stand, stoop, reach and bend;
Require the mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects;
May require to ability to stand for long periods;
May require the ability to walk long distances;
Required to attend evening meetings and/or travel within and out of Wayne County to attend meetings;
Required to work evenings and weekends;
May be required to use personal vehicle during employment.
Youth Development Professional
Monday – Friday
10 – 15 hours weekly (before or after school)
- Develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate children and daily activities in a traditional Club environment - either at the Teen Center (grades 8-12) or Edgewood Middle School (grades 5-7) Site
- Coordinates program services and cooperative learning activities for members and visitors that are both fun and instructional
- Supervises members in the program area; ensures safety of members, positive values, and ethical behavior through quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times
- Promotes and stimulates program participation
- Inventories all supplies necessary for program and submits requisitions for reordering. Maintains good order in program area.
- Maintains administrative reports and submits them in a timely manner
- Establishes positive relationships with children
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Complete and submit the general application file, found at the bottom of this page. Email to email@example.com. Please indicate your Club site preference.
Internship - Marketing and Development
Assist in developing materials for all digital marketing including website, social media, and newsletter;
Independently composes correspondence, proofreads and edits documents on a wide variety of subjects and other marketing;
Resolves problems and creates innovative solutions;
Works with Executive Director to manage donor data base and;
Assist in tracking, coordination, and delivery of Youth of the Year Auction as assigned;
Assist in tracking, coordination, and delivery of Downtown Runaround as assigned;
Assist with additional fundraisers as assigned;
Please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your application for this postion.